Monday, September 22, 2014

I couldn't have done it without some help!

When the task of writing the book came up I was slightly comforted by the fact that I had a secret weapon in my corner.  I would like to introduce my secret weapon.  My lovely grandmother Patricia Ditter, without whose help this book would never have gotten done.  She was essential every step of the way from allowing me to bounce ideas off of her, to editing my patterns and testing them for me, to cheerleading and being my number one fan.  Lets just say dedicating the book to her was the very least I could do!  I felt so fortunate to have another quilters experiences to draw from.  Grandma Pat (as I call her) has been quilting ever since she retired, but didn't try free motion quilting until around the same time I did.  She has been a huge encouragement along my whole quilting journey, but we really bonded over learning FMQ at the same time.  It was so fun to share tips and tricks and new design ideas- and though our methods were a little different, we both have learned so much and gotten much better.
Grandma and I
 All that got me to thinking that if I enjoyed her take on different quilting topics than perhaps you might too!  I have asked her if she would be willing to weigh in on some topics with me so you can get an even broader perspective on free motion quilting, and perhaps gain some new tips and tricks from learning and sharing together like we did.  And what's more, I have started a facebook like page for the book Free Motion Quilting for Beginners and I am inviting you all to hop over and like the page.  I also welcome you all to weigh in on our topic on our facebook page so we all can get even more tips and tricks from you!  I will have our first chat with Grandma this Friday and will host them every Friday for the near future.  I hope you all enjoyed meeting Grandma, and come back Friday for a discussion on quilt size and what size is best to start learning FMQ on.

One of Grandma's beautiful quilts


No comments:

Post a Comment