Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Free Motion Quilting for Beginners (and those who think they can't)

I can't believe the time has finally come that I get to reveal something that I have been secretly working on for the past year and a half.  I am proud to announce that I have written a book titled Free Motion Quilting for Beginners (and those who think they can't) for Martingale Publishing!  Wow, it feels really amazing to say that after being quiet about it for so long.  I was approached by the amazing recruiting coordinator Karen Burns at Spring 2013 Quilt Market after she saw all the samples I made for Angela Walters booth.  I was lucky enough to be helping out in Angela's booth the whole time which was right next door to Martingale's booth.  After Karen and I got to know each other she mentioned how they were looking for the right person to write a book about Free Motion Quilting for the brand new beginner.  I decided to submit a proposal (along with some cupcakes but that is another story) and they accepted it.  It is pretty unbelievable still to me that all of this has really happened... that this time a year ago I was sewing and writing like mad to try to finish before my deadline- and now I am here getting to share the happy news with you all!
I have so much to share about all this, and will enjoy doing so over the coming months.  I have created a facebook page for the book and you can see more info on my author page at Amazon and at Martingale.  It will be in stores mid November, which is just around the corner!  I can't wait to share more with you all about this book and the process of writing it, it has been a long wait to announce it, but now that the time has come there is so much to share!  Thanks in advance for checking it out, and stay tuned for more of the behind the scenes story!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Congratulations! Please let me know when you ready to ship with your autograph! I'm so happy, i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already preordered your book on Amazon.com. I can hardly wait to get it. The picture on the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Molly! I am SO happy for you. We need to schedule a book signing party in Washington State! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cool, Molly! Huge congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on the book! I'm so happy to see so many people out there encouraging others that they can free-motion quilt! Best of luck with your launch (from a fellow fan of Martingale!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh how exciting! Congratulations!
    I have decided to save all my pattern money and buy myself a decent sewing machine. I'm so sick of the limitations of my machine. Once I have it, I'm determined to master FMQ!

    ReplyDelete